While receiving subsidy
Let us know if your family’s care needs change while receiving a child care subsidy.
The parent agreement outlines how your child care subsidy is based on the information you provide to us.
To maintain your subsidy, you must:
- Report all changes within 2 weeks.
- Pay your fees to the child care program.
- Respond to all requests for information within required timelines.
- Take part in a yearly eligibility review to renew your fee subsidy.
- File your income tax return each year.
You must contact us within 2 weeks of a change happening. These changes include:
- Job – changes to employer, work hours or shift, if you’re off work, on leave or no longer working.
- School – changes to course load, program, dropping courses, completion of semester or program, or you’re no longer attending school.
- Marital status – getting married, becoming common-law, living with a partner, separation or divorce.
- Immigration status.
- You moved to a new address or your contact information changed.
- Change in your family composition.
- Size of your family – having a baby etc.
- Reassessment by the Canadian Revenue Agency to your Income tax of Child Tax Benefit.
If you do not report changes to us on time, you’ll have to pay back some or all the money that you received.
Contact your Children's Services Worker to submit your information.
Always remember to include your client file number when sending information to us.
If you disagree with a decision that affects your child care fee subsidy, you have the right to appeal within 30 days.
To request an appeal, print out and complete a child care fee subsidy internal review request form.
Your eligibility for child care subsidy is continually reassessed as information changes. Your maximum approval for subsidy is up to 1 year. Before the end of the year, you have to requalify for the program. This is called an annual review.
We'll send you instructions on what information you need to submit, where to send it, and the due date. If you do not submit this information by the due date, your subsidy may be terminated.