Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

While receiving subsidy

Let us know if your family’s care needs change while receiving a child care subsidy.

Your responsibilities

The parent agreement outlines how your child care subsidy is based on the information you provide to us.

To maintain your subsidy, you must:

You will report any changes using your Children’s Services account.

Report changes

Your responsibilities while receiving a child care subsidy will depend on your situation. Review the following information for details specific to your situation.

Other information

If you need child care during the school breaks (winter, March, or summer) and would like to enroll your child in a camp program, you can talk to your Children’s Services Worker to find out if your subsidy can be approved.

If you pay for a camp program upfront, you will not be reimbursed. Each school break program provider has its own registration process. Review the details for the provider you are interested in.

City of Brampton

Before you register, contact your Children’s Services Worker to tell them you want to register for a City of Brampton program. You need confirmation from your Children’s Services Worker before you register.

You will then receive a registration package. Follow the registration instructions under the Child Care Subsidy section.

Town of Caledon

Call the Town of Caledon at 905-584-2272 to register. Do not register online.

City of Mississauga

Follow the instructions for Child Care Fee Subsidy to register for school break camps with the City of Mississauga.

Family Day Care Services

If your child attends Family Day during the school year, contact your site supervisor before registering online.

If your child does not attend Family Day during the school year, contact your Children’s Services Worker for more information.


Access PLASP’s website for more information on their school break programs


Register online through MyY portal. If you do not have an active account, call the Y Camp Line at 1-877-303-2267, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

When logged into your MyY account, you will be asked to provide a credit card as a payment method. You will not be charged until your parent contribution is confirmed by your Children’s Services Worker. If you see a balance on your account, call the Y Camp Line for assistance.

Other school break programs

You can also find more child care options online. If you would like to register for another school break program, you should speak to the child care program to confirm if you:

  • Are already registered and approved for child care subsidy for the school break.
  • Need to register with the program and require approval for summer care from your Children’s Services Worker.

If you’re self employed, your business must be incorporated or registered as a business.

Your eligibility for child care subsidy is based on the annual gross revenue of your business shown on line 8519 of the Statement of Business Activities / Corporate Schedule 125 which must indicate you are making minimum wage or higher. Part-time care may be available if you are earning less than minimum wage.

Keeping your file up to date

You must provide the following documents to your Children’s Services Worker:

If sole proprietorship

  • Business name registration
  • Schedule 2125 the Statement of Business or Professional Activities

If incorporated

  • Certificate of incorporation or Article of incorporation
  • Schedule 50 and Schedule 125 of your T2 return
  • Page 1 of your most recent Corporate Notice of Assessment

The Children’s Serivce Worker will work with you to determine your eligibility for subsidy. For existing businesses, you will be required to submit your tax documents as outlined above for the most current fiscal year.

Your eligibility for child care subsidy is based on:

  • The hours you work
  • The custody arrangements for your children

Keeping your file up to date

You must provide the following documents to your Children’s Services Worker:

  • Letter of employment or contract from your company
  • First 2 or most recent pay stubs once received
  • A record of employment if you are changing jobs

To receive a copy of your record of employment you can:

If you’re in school, your eligibility for child care subsidy is based on:

  • If you’re enrolled in school part or full time.
  • The custody arrangements for your children.

Keeping your file up to date

You must provide the following documents to your Children’s Service Worker at the start, middle and end of your semester:

  • Grade report or transcripts for semesters completed.
  • Confirmation of enrollment for next semester (if continuing with schooling).
  • Confirmation of employment if you are starting a job.
If attending a college or university

You need any of the following:

  • A letter from your college or university that confirms your program start and end date, full-time or part-time enrollment and a copy of your schedule.
  • OSAP Assessment Summary and a copy of your schedule.
  • School confirmation for college/university completed by a school official.
If attending high school, ESL, or adult education

You need both of the following:

  • Confirmation of school registration.
  • Confirmation of school attendance forms completed by a school official.

Access related information about: Pausing your subsidy over school breaks.

If you have a medical need for child care, your eligibility will be based on information provided by your doctor.

You must provide a documentation of medical needs and exceptional circumstances form filled and signed by your doctor.

Pause your subsidy

Pausing your subsidy is called a break in service and it lets you keep your child care subsidy file open if your child will not be in care for 4 weeks or longer.

A break in service can be approved depending on the reason it’s required and only for up to a maximum of 12 weeks. When your child is ready to return to care we will need proof that you are working or in school.

If a break in service is approved you will need to give the child care provider appropriate withdrawal notice. We cannot guarantee your child can return to the same child care spot they attended before the break. This will depend if the child care provider has space available.

Absent from child care

Your child can be absent from care for a maximum of 36 days a year. This number of approved absent days starts from the date your child care subsidy begins.

Absent days can’t be carried over and parents or guardians are expected to pay their fee on any days the child does not attend care.

If your child care subsidy started this year, find the month they started in the following chart. This will show you the maximum number days your child can be absent this year without having to pay additional fees.

Month you started receiving subsidy # Absent days paid
January 36
February 33
March 30
April 27
May 24
June 21
July 18
August 15
September 12
October 9
November 6
December 3

Changing your address and contact information

You must contact your Children’s Services Worker to update your file with any changes to your address, phone numbers and email address, within 2 weeks of the change.

If you changed your email address, complete and send a new consent to communicate by email form to your Children’s Services Worker.

Changing child care programs

If you leave your child care provider or change child care providers:

  • You must pay any money owing to your current child care provider before you can transfer to another provider.
  • Your child care subsidy can be transferred to a centre or program if they have a subsidy contract with the Region of Peel.
  • Review more details about the program you’re interested in attending or you can find alternate child care programs.

If you’re moving in with a partner or getting married, you must let your Children’s Services Worker know right away. This applies even if your partner does not live in Canada.

Moving in with your partner

If either of the following apply:

  • Your partner is not the biological parent of your child.
  • You and your partner are not legally married.

You will be able to maintain your single parent status until 1 or more of the following occur:

  • 3 years has passed.
  • You get legally married.
  • You have a child together.

Getting married and your spouse is a resident of Canada

  • A case review will be arranged to reassess your eligibility for child care subsidy as a 2 parent family.
  • You and your spouse will be required to submit documentation for the review

Getting married and your spouse is a non-resident of Canada

  • You’re responsible to provide documentation from Immigration Canada showing you have started the sponsorship process.
  • You can be approved as a single parent until your spouse arrives in Canada.
  • Regular updates will be arranged with your Children’s Services Worker during the sponsorship process.

Having a baby

  • The child care subsidy can only be approved for a maximum of 8 weeks following your last day of work or school (regardless if the baby is born yet).
  • You’re not eligible for subsidy while out of work or school for maternity or parental leave.
  • You’ll be required to reapply for child care subsidy when both parents are ready to return to work or school.

If you disagree with a decision that affects your child care subsidy, you have the right to appeal within 30 days.

To request an appeal, complete and submit a child care subsidy appeal form.

Your eligibility for child care subsidy is reassessed as information changes. Your maximum approval for subsidy is up to 1 year. Before the end of the year, you have to requalify for the program. This is called an annual review.

We'll send you instructions on what information you need to submit, where to send it, and the due date. If you do not submit this information by the due date, your subsidy may be terminated.

Submitting your required documents

Upload your documents in your Children’s Services account, or you can mail, fax, or drop off in-person.


Brampton Office
10 Peel Centre Drive
P.O. Box 2136, STN B
Brampton, ON L6T 0E3

Drop off: A secure drop box is located outside of Peel Region buildings.

Brampton Office
10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite B
Drop box is outside Suite B

Mississauga Office
7120 Hurontario Street
Drop box is to the left of the front doors

Fax: 905-450-5757

Include your full name and the name of your Children’s Services Worker when you send the documents.