Peel Region homepage

COVID-19 in Peel

With community spread, treat every interaction like you could be exposed. Learn how to protect yourself and others, and stay up-to-date on COVID-19 in Peel. Some Regional services and facilities are affected or closed until further notice. Check full listing.


311 Service

Call 311 for access to local municipal government programs and services.

What is 311?

The 311 telephone service is a partnership between the cities of Brampton and Mississauga, the Town of Caledon and the Region of Peel to provide Peel residents with simple access to municipal information.

311 offers a single window of direct access to local municipal government programs and services.

311 is free and available in your language.

Whose services can I access by calling 311?

Residents can call 311 from anywhere in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga for services they offer.

311 is not yet available in Caledon. Town of Caledon staff and Council are reviewing the feasibility of this telephone service in their community.

Why should I use 311?

311 means you don't need to know which government provides a particular service or need to sort through phone numbers to find the people you need to talk to.

How does 311 work?

311 calls will be answered by representatives at the Region of Peel, and the cities of Brampton and Mississauga.

Representatives will use an extensive database to respond to your inquiries about a number of local municipal government programs and services.

What are some examples of 311 calls?

How is 311 different from 211, 411 and 911

Can I still call the cities or Region using the 10-digit number?

Yes, and if you know the name or extension of the person you wish to speak to, please always use the 10-digit number.

Why do we need two separate numbers for 211 and 311?

The Canadian Radio-Television Commission (CRTC) specifies the purposes of these numbers. Each number can only be used for the very specific purpose approved by the CRTC. Since the two numbers provide different services, they must be used separately.