Watermain and wastewater main replacement and improvement
Knareswood Drive, Cochise Crescent, Caven Street and Delco Avenue.
Projects: 16-1310 A & 16-2300 D
What we are doing
- Replacing and improving the aging watermain on Knareswood Drive, Cochise Crescent, Caven Street and Delco Avenue.
- Replacement segments of aging wastewater sewers on Delco. View area map (PDF).
- To upgrade the water and wastewater system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about May 29, 2017, with a construction crew starting on Knareswood Drive and Cochise Crescent.
- The project should be completed before the end of November 10, 2017. All work is under warranty for two years from the date of completion.
- We will start restoring the road when all water and wastewater system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel Personnel|
|Melvin Gonzalez||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 5042|
|Steve Mahaney||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Lancorp Construction Co. Ltd.
Lancorp Construction Co. Ltd. will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Anthony Abbrustcato||Project Manager||905-660-0778|
|Tony Vuocolo||General Manager||905-660-0778|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning or late evening, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing your driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- Several weeks before the driveway restoration work, we will send you an update with contact information for the contractor, in case you wish to have the remainder of your driveway (private side) paved at the same time.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
- Trenches on all streets shall be restored with asphalt to the existing road surface.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.