East to West Diversion Sanitary Trunk Sewer
Contract 1. Project # 16-2291
The Region of Peel will be installing a large sanitary sewer pipe along Derry Rd. West. View area map (PDF). The pipe will be constructed completely in a tunnel. In order to do the tunneling, four large access points will be created for the tunnel along the construction route.
This work is to improve the existing wastewater service. Wastewater comes from flushing toilets, having a shower or washing dishes. Sanitary sewer pipes take wastewater from your home to a treatment plant.
Reducing the impact of construction
- Construction activities will be contained within fenced areas located away from Derry Rd. West to minimize any traffic impacts.
- Should construction require an interruption to your water supply, we will contact you to arrange a convenient time. If an emergency shutdown is required, we will inform you and attempt to minimize the inconvenience.
- We will let you know if there are any substantial changes to the project.
- Pipe sizes: 2400-mm (8 ft.) sanitary sewer pipe
- Construction Type: Tunnelling
- Noise level: Low to Moderate
- Contractor: McNally Construction Inc.
The Region of Peel provides a safe environment that conforms to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, at all times.
Construction of this project will start on or about November 9, 2020. The project will take approximately four years to complete.
The Region encourages you to notify the project manager below if you have any comments or concerns.
905-791-7800. ext. 5073
Construction during COVID-19
Construction is an essential service. We’re keeping employees, contractors and the community safe by complying with regulations, physical distancing, using PPE and adjusting work schedules and shifts. Stay up-to-date about COVID-19 in Peel.