Sanitary pumping station replacement
Silver Birch Trail and Marshwood Place Project 16-2905, Assignment 1
What are we doing?
- Replacing and improving the aging sanitary sewer pumping station located at the end of Silver Birch Trail.
- To upgrade the wastewater system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program. Pre-existing-conditions-survey-letter.
- We expect to start work on or about October 11, 2021.
- The project should be completed by late May 2023. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibility||Phone Number|
|Paul Rastrullo||Project Manager||905-452-2760|
IBI Group will provide consulting support services, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Renata Pugliese||Project Manager||647-286-3075|
|North America Construction (NAC)
NACwill do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Jon Gordanier||Project Superintendent||226-203-3973|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic, driveway and parking control
- All roads within the project limits will always remain open to traffic however we may need to temporarily reduce traffic to a single lane during some portions of the work.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
Construction statement regarding COVID-19
Construction is an essential service. We’re keeping employees, contractors and the community safe by complying with provincial regulations, physical distancing, using personal protective equipment, and adjusting work schedules and shifts.