Retaining wall replacement
Dixie Road, north of Courtney Park Drive and Derry Road west of Goreway Drive. Project 16-4520.
Where is the work happening?
- Location 1: On Dixie Road, North of Courtneypark Drive, under bridge, Etobicoke Creek, City of Mississauga
- Location 2: On Derry Road, West of Goreway Drive, under bridge, Mimico Creek, City of Mississauga
What are we doing?
- The work at Dixie, north of Courtneypark Drive includes:
- Removal of three existing gabion baskets
- Installation of new vegetated reinforced slopes
- Replacement of gabion slope protection with vegetated rock buttress
- Grading and restoration
- The work at Derry, west of Goreway Drive includes:
- Replacement of two existing gabion retaining walls with new PVC gabion wall s on the south embankments
- Construction Start: July 16, 2021 – Finish: July 2023 (weather permitting)
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Randy Chawb-Naraine||Project Manager||416-884-2434|
|Wood Canada Ltd.
|Matthew Galloway||Project Manager||905-220-6718|
|Verti-Crete of Toronto Inc.
Verti-Crete will do the work, under contract to Region of Peel
|Rick Lima||Project Manager||437-215-3902|
- Verti-Crete of Toronto Inc. has been contracted to complete the work on the Region’s behalf. Hours of operation are during non-peak hours from 9:00am to 3:30pm., Monday to Friday and work may also be done on Saturdays.
- These hours follow the city’s by-laws. Extended working hours may cause some inconvenience to the public however will help facilitate completion of the project as quickly as possible.
- The project will be phased to minimize traffic disruption while maintaining a safe working environment as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Existing traffic flows will be maintained during construction. However, due to the nature of the work, we may require temporary curb lane closures.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Please use caution when travelling through the work zone.
- We will maintain driveway access as much as possible and if we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know of there are any major changes to plans. We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Construction project updates can also be found at peelregion.ca/construction