Construction work starting in your neighborhood
The Region of Peel will be installing sanitary sewer pipes on North Service Road, Dixie Road and under the QEW by tunnel method. View area map (PDF).
The work is to allow for future rehabilitation of the existing trunk (large) sanitary sewer pipes on Harvest Drive and under the crossings at QEW. The new pipes will allow for additional storage capacity and will alleviate flooding problem in the neighbourhood. Wastewater comes from flushing toilets, having a shower or washing dishes. The sanitary sewer pipe takes wastewater from homes and businesses to the treatment plant.
Reducing the impact of construction
- The work will be phased to minimize disruption to trafficÂ in the area
- Regular working hours will be between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- North Service Road at Harvest Drive will be closed during construction. East bound traffic will be detoured to Stanfield Road and Queensway Drive East
- Pedestrian access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times
- Should construction require an interruption of your water supply, we will contact you to arrange the most convenient time
- If an emergency shutdown is required, we will inform you and attempt to minimize the inconvenience
- We will let you know if there are any substantial changes to the project
The Region of Peel provides a safe environment that conforms to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, at all times.
Construction is expected to start on December 4, 2017 and is expected to be completed by the end of August 2018.
The Region encourages you to notify us if you have special requirements or if you have any comments or issues.
Jimmy Chong, Project Manager
905-791-7800, ext. 7886 to leave a message