Derry Road East resurfacing
Tomken Road to Columbus Road/ Cardiff Boulevard. Project 03-4232/17-4665
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until December 31, 2022
What we are doing
- The Region of Peel will be carrying out the resurfacing of Derry Road East to improve asphalt performance. The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Temporary road staging;
- Removal and replacement of curbs;
- Repairs and adjustments to storm sewer structures;
- Improvements to Maxwell Road Intersection;
- Asphalt milling;
- Hot mix asphalt paving;
- Placement of permanent thermoplastic pavement markings
- Restoration; and,
- Minor related works.
- Derry Road East from Tomken Road to Columbus Road.
- Start: May 14, 2018
- Finish: August 1, 2018, weather permitting.
Who you can call
|D. Crupi & Sons Limited
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Michael Doherty||Project Manager||416-990-6825|
|Gino Carpino||Site Supervisor||416-936-6060|
|Region of Peel|
|Serguei Kabanov||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 8754|
|Sajmir Zesllari||Site Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 8754|
- The Contractor's normal day working hours, are from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m, from Monday to Friday. The Contractor will utilize this time to complete all minor works.
- The Contractor's normal night working hours, are from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m, from Monday to Friday. The Contractor will utilize this time to complete all major works, including milling and paving.
- The Contractor is also permitted to work on Saturdays, if they choose to, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day/night would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- All intersections will remain open but temporary lanes closures will be necessary.
- Peel Regional Police will be present during major milling and paving operations and when working near the intersections to direct traffic.
- Emergency services will be notified of the works.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We anticipate that driveway accesses will be maintained.
- If we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access.
- All businesses will be open.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the Project Manager or Inspector if you have any special needs.