Watermain replacement and improvement
General Road and Jayson Court. Project 18-1310 Assignment H
What we are doing
Replacing and improving the aging watermain along General Road and Jayson Court. View area map (PDF).
Replacing the water service pipe to your service box.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel's State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about January 28, 2019, starting at General Road and Aimco Boulevard.
- The project should be completed before September 2019. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Osama Alfalahi||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7471|
|Steve Mahaney||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Sam Rabito Construction Ltd.
Sam Rabito Construction Ltd. will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Corey Luciano||Project Manager||905-642-5356|
|Sam Rabito||Site Superintendent||905-642-5356|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Your garbage, recycling and organics containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day. It is the contractor's responsibility to move your garbage, recycling and organics bins to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Empty containers will be returned to their corresponding addresses. Please make sure your house number is clearly marked on each bin.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing your driveway
- On General Road, if we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area only with temporary asphalt, as marked on your driveway under this contract. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway. Please review the marks on your driveways.
- However, driveways on Jayson Court will see their driveways permanently restored as marked, edge to edge, under this contract. Please review the marks on your driveways.
- If your driveway is being temporarily restored under this project, it will be permanently restored, as per the City’s standards, as part of the City of Mississauga’s resurfacing roadworks in your neighborhood, anticipated in 2019/2020, subject to budget and Council approval.
- If you are planning to have your driveway paved or any significant landscaping done, you are encouraged to wait until the City of Mississauga’s road resurfacing program is complete in order to avoid unnecessary cuts, patches or damages that may be required on your property during the work.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How did we do
- After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.