Emergency wet well repairs
Elmwood sewage pumping station. Project 19-2302
What we are doing
- The Region of Peel will be undertaking emergency repairs including a pump replacement within the existing wet well at the Elmwood Sewage Pumping Station, to ensure that the sewer system and pumping station reliability is maintained.
You are NOT required to turn off your water during the work.
- Most of the work will be contained within the Tall Oaks Park on Elmwood Ave. Public access within the park will be restricted and a detour will be provided for directions to access the Waterfront Trail.
- Due to Covid-19, work has been delayed and is now anticipated to begin July 27, 2020 and will take approximately 8 weeks to complete.
- All other works will be completed during normal working hours of Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Night work will be necessary for one (1) evening during low sanitary sewer flow conditions. The Region of Peel will attempt to provide as much advanced notice as possible of the exact date.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Dan Bennington||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7927
GM BluePlan will be acting as our Consultant under contract to the Region of Peel
|Tom Rawlinson, B. Eng.||Site Inspector||519-827-7941|
W.A. Stephenson will do the work under contract to the Region of Peel
|John Low, P. Eng.||Project Manager||905-362-2175 x227|
- During the work, roads may have partial lane closures to accommodate construction equipment that may be parked along the road or along various access routes.
- If we must reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will be able to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses always have access to their driveways.
- Please notify the project manager listed below for any questions, comments or concerns, or if you have any special needs.
The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any changes in the project. We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.