Dixie Road rehabilitation
100m north of Derry Road to 100m north of Britannia Road; Derry Road from Cardiff Boulevard to 400m east of Dixie intersection; intersection improvements on Dixie Road and Drew Road. Project 19-4670
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until October 2022
- Public Notice - Dixie Road Resurfacing (PDF)
Where is the work happening?
- Dixie Road from 100m north of Derry Road to 100m north of Britannia Road
- Derry Road from Cardiff Boulevard to 400m east of Dixie intersection
- Dixie and Drew intersection
What are we doing?
- Road resurfacing, base repairs, pavement markings, restoration, and minor related works;
- Removal and replacement of splash pad, median island, concrete curb and gutter;
- Intersection improvements and traffic signal modifications at Dixie Road and Derry Road;
- Installing steel beam guide rail and soft stop for end treatment
- Construction Start: October 2019 - Finish: July 2020 (weather permitting)
Who you can call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Nabiel Matta||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 7862|
|Sajmir Zesllari||Site Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 3246|
|Graham Bro Construction Limited
(under contract to the Region of Peel)
|Kevin Hutchinson||Project Manager||416-346-6843|
|Mike Graham||Site Supervisor||905-867-0402|
Staging and Working Hours
Graham Bros. Construction Limited has been contracted to complete the work on the Region’s behalf. Milling and paving operations will be staged in sections, so that lanes will only be closed on one side of the road at a time between intersections. Works will take place during the day and night, until the section is restored to base asphalt and lanes can be re-opened to traffic.
Operations will then move to the next section and will continue in this fashion until completion, weather pending. Following the winter shut-down, remaining works including top asphalt placement will take place in spring 2020. Minor works such as concrete and electrical will be done during off-peak hours (9am to 3:30pm), Monday to Friday and there will be reduced traffic lanes.
Extended working hours may cause some inconvenience to the public; however, this will help complete the project as quickly as possible.
- The project will be phased to minimize traffic disruption while maintaining a safe working environment as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Existing traffic flows will be maintained during construction. However, traffic lanes will be reduced and temporarily block intersections during construction.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Please use caution when travelling through the work zone.
- We will maintain driveway access as much as possible. If there is a need to block your driveway for a short time, you will be contacted to arrange for the best time to do so.
- We will ensure access to businesses at all times.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any key changes in the project scope or schedule.