Local watermain replacements on Edenwood Drive and Fullerton Crescent
Fullerton Crescent. Project 21-1310 K
What are we doing
- Reinstating driveways, sod, and curb following the replacement of the watermain and services along Edenwood Drive and Fullerton Crescent in the City of Mississauga.
- Completing restoration following the upgrade of the water distribution system.
- We expect to start work on or about Wednesday July 21, 2021
- Restoration work will be starting along Edenwood Drive followed by Fullerton Crescent.
- The project should be completed by September 15, 2021.
Sign up for email notices to stay informed
- Receive timely project updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. If so, we will knock on your door to notify you.
- When the driveway is repaired, it is important to avoid driving on the new asphalt for the first three hours after it is laid, and to avoid parking on the new asphalt for one day.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please contact us if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing your driveway
- If we have cut your driveway, the driveway will be repaired by paving a stripe over the disturbed area, resulting in minimal seams in the final driveway. The Region of Peel cannot replace your entire driveway.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- If you would like to have the rest of your driveway paved at this time, please contact the contractor, Gio Contracting, at 416-783-1446. The contractor will then share contact information for the paving subcontractor. Please do not accept direct solicitation from any contractor telling you that they have been retained by the Region. Please remember this is your option. If you decide to have your entire driveway repaved, this extra paving work is your responsibility and outside the jurisdiction of the Region of Peel.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please contact us if you have any problems or special needs.
Construction statement regarding COVID-19
Critical infrastructure construction is an essential service. We’re keeping employees, contractors and the community safe by complying with provincial guidelines, physical distancing, using personal protective equipment, and adjusting work schedules and shifts.