How to Sort Your Waste
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Make sure that the ashes are completely extinguished before placing them in the bag.
- Scoop fireplace ashes into a tightly-sealed plastic bag or small cardboard box then put the sealed bag or box in your garbage cart.
- Do not put ashes in your organics cart.
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.