How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
Deposit return beer, cans, wine or spirits bottles
This item is recyclable.
This item has options for collection or disposal.
Option 1: The Beer Store
- Return all unbroken wine, alcohol, spirits, coolers, and beer bottles — along with the packaging lids, bottle caps, plastic can rings, corks, and stoppers — to your local Beer Store for a deposit refund. Drinking glasses or broken bottles are not accepted.
Option 2: Recycling
- Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.
- Make sure the item is clean and empty before placing it in your recycling.
- Put any foil or plastic seals, stoppers, corks, bottle caps, or tear-away tabs in the garbage.
- Learn more about The Beer Store deposit return or organizing a Bottle Drive at Better Returns.
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.