How to sort your waste
The fall battery collection period is from October 17 to 28. Check your collection calendar for your battery pickup day. Get details
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Always double-bag these home health-care waste items before putting them in your garbage cart or garbage bag for collection:
- disposable face masks (surgical, N95)
- disposable gloves
- colostomy bags
- dialysis waste (e.g. tubing, filters, disposable towels and sheets)
- disposable pads, gowns, gloves, masks and aprons
- gastric and nasal tubs
- IV bags and tubing
- soiled dressing and incontinence products
- Never put home health-care waste in your recycling or organics cart.
- Excess medical waste
- If you have excess home health-care waste, you may qualify for the Region’s Medical Waste Exemption program. For more information call the Region of Peel’s Waste Line at 905-791-9499 (in Caledon toll-free at 905-584-2216) or email Waste Inquiry.
- Video: How to dispose of household medical waste
- Disposing of needles, prefilled pens, injection pens, auto-injectors
- Disposing of syringes and injectors
- Disposing of lancets