How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
- CRCs are not accepting electronics, tires and large appliances.
- Up to 2 extra garbage bags will be collected.
- No garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended.
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Always double-bag these home health-care waste items before putting them in your garbage cart or garbage bag for collection:
- disposable face masks (surgical, N95)
- disposable gloves
- colostomy bags
- dialysis waste (e.g. tubing, filters, disposable towels and sheets)
- disposable pads, gowns, gloves, masks and aprons
- gastric and nasal tubs
- IV bags and tubing
- soiled dressing and incontinence products
- Never put home health-care waste in your recycling or organics cart.
- Excess medical waste
- If you have excess home health-care waste, you may qualify for the Region’s Medical Waste Exemption program. For more information call the Region of Peel’s Waste Line at 905-791-9499 (in Caledon toll-free at 905-584-2216) or email Waste Inquiry.
- Video: How to dispose of household medical waste
- Disposing of needles, prefilled pens, injection pens, auto-injectors
- Disposing of syringes and injectors
- Disposing of lancets