How to sort your waste
The fall battery collection period is from October 17 to 28. Check your collection calendar for your battery pickup day. Get details
Empty prescription bottles
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Use or consume the item’s contents. Make sure the item is clean and empty before placing it in your recycling.
- Put bottles larger than 50 mL in your recycling. Put bottles smaller than 50 mL in your garbage.
- If there’s a lid, remove it and put it in the garbage. If there’s a flavour seal, put it in the garbage.
- If there is foil or a plastic seal or stopper, remove it and put it in the garbage along with the cap.
- A pouring spout does not have to be removed from an empty bottle.
- Don’t put recyclables in tied plastic grocery bags
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
- You can also take blue-cart-acceptable recyclables to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC).