How to sort your waste
The fall battery collection period is from October 17 to 28. Check your collection calendar for your battery pickup day. Get details
Food and snack cans (aluminum, steel, paperboard)
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Use or consume the item’s contents. Make sure the item is clean and empty before placing it in your recycling.
- Do not flatten.
- Put any foil or plastic seals, stoppers, or tear-away tabs in the garbage.
- Remove the lid from the can to get two separate items. Put the lid and the can in your recycling.
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
- You can also take blue-cart-acceptable recyclables to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC).