How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
- CRCs are not accepting electronics, tires and large appliances.
- Up to 2 extra garbage bags will be collected.
- No garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended.
Metal Paint Cans with Metal Handles (empty)
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- An empty metal paint can is recyclable only if it has metal handles and is smaller than 5L.
- Empty plastic cans with dry paint inside are acceptable for recycling.
- Separate the lid from the empty can. Put both items in your recycling.
- Empty plastic paint cans with plastic handles are also recyclable. These cans must also be smaller than 5L.
- Empty plastic paint cans with metal handles go in the garbage.
- Full or partially-full paint cans are not recyclable and must be disposed of as household hazardous waste.
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
Other ways to dispose of this item:
- You can also take blue-cart-acceptable recyclables to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC).