How to sort your waste
Real Christmas tree and seasonal wreaths
This item has options for collection or disposal.
Real Christmas trees are collected from the curb on select days in January.
- Check your collection calendar for your tree pickup day.
- Remove all decorations before setting out your tree for collection.
- Put real wreaths at the curb for collection on the same day as your Christmas tree.
A Christmas tree will not be collected if:
- It is taller than 3 m (10 ft.)
- It is in a plastic bag.
- It is placed on or in a snowbank.
- It is still decorated with tinsel or ornaments (or both).
Apartment/condominium building collection
- If you live in an apartment or condo, put your Christmas tree at the curb by the driveway entrance of your property. Be sure your tree doesn't obstruct the road or sidewalk.
Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- If you miss your Christmas tree pickup day, drop your tree off at a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC). Trees taller than 3 m. (10 ft.) must be cut in half to be accepted.
- Be sure to remove all tinsel, ornaments, plastic bags, nails, wires and tree stands from your tree before bringing it to a CRC.