Uniti is a successful project realized as part of the Peel Affordable Rental Incentives Program.
- Applications open
This project was selected through the 2021 round of the Peel Affordable Rental Incentives Program, then known as the Affordable Housing Incentives Pilot Program. The Daniels Corporation and Choice Properties were awarded funding by Peel Region to build affordable rental housing units.
Construction is currently taking place. Occupancy is expected early 2024.
40 Lagerfeld Drive is located in Ward 6, Brampton and is close to schools, libraries, pharmacies, and public transit, including the Mount Pleasant GO train station.
The Peel Affordable Rental Incentives Program is a capital grant program designed to support private and non-profit developers to build affordable rental housing. The Program advances Pillar 3 of the Peel Housing and Homelessness Plan’s 5 pillars: maximize planning tools and incentives to encourage the development community to help build affordable housing in Peel.
The Daniels Corporation, jointly with Choice Properties, is currently constructing a rental building in Brampton. Block 4 is comprised of a rental building with 302 units, 12 of which are affordable rental housing units funded through the Peel Affordable Rental Incentives Program.
Uniti is a contemporary new 26-storey rental tower in the popular Mount Pleasant Village neighbourhood. Launching together with The Daniels Corporation and Choice Properties, Uniti brings together modern style, desirable amenities, and a community for people to call home.
Once complete, 40 Lagerfeld Drive will have:
- 302 units and 8 ADP units
- 36 electric vehicle parking spaces
- Custom-design contemporary cabinetry
- Engineered quartz counter-top
- Slide-in electric range
- Engineered quartz slab backsplash
- 24 – 30” refrigerator with bottom mount freezer
- 9 to 11 FT ceiling heights
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring
- Multi-purpose room
- Party room
- Theatre room
- Co-working space
- Parcel Lockers
- Professional building management with dedicated 24/7 on-site superintendent.
- Community activation team who facilitate events for cultural celebrations, workout and cooking classes, and community get togethers.
- Artist-in-Residence program in collaboration with the Black North Initiative to offer residents exclusive workshops led by Black artists.
- Textile and e-waste recycling programs to help residents reduce their impact on the planet.
- Environmental design features including geoexchange technology to provide heating and cooling. In the winter months, the system provides heat by extracting warmth from the ground and into the building, and in the summer months, provides cooling by expelling heat from the building back into the earth.
- November 2021: The project is approved to receive funding by Regional Council.
- July 2021: The Daniels Corporation and Choice Properties submit their application to the Affordable Housing Incentives Pilot Program to receive funding for their affordable housing units.
- August 2020: Construction begins.
Through an important community partnership, Daniels, Choice Properties, and Peel Region have transferred the management and allocation of Uniti's 12 affordable housing units to a not-for-profit charity that supports housing access for a vulnerable population in our community. The units have been allocated and applications to these units are no longer available.
If you're looking for help with housing, refer to housing services.