Mayfield Seniors Apartments
Providing affordable housing for seniors in Caledon.
- Applications open
In partnership with the governments of Ontario and Canada, the Region of Peel completed this affordable housing project in 2019 to meet the housing needs of seniors, age 65 or older.
The land for this project was provided through a gratuitous conveyance to the Region of Peel from the Town of Caledon and local land owners as part of the Mayfield West Secondary Plan. Mayfield Seniors Apartments provides market and affordable rental units in Caledon's Southfields community.
Project profile: The story behind Mayfield Seniors Apartments.
12600 Kennedy Road, Caledon is located in Ward 2 in Caledon.
Mayfield Seniors Apartments are steps away from shops, amenities, the Southfields Community Centre, and Brampton Transit. The building is owned by the Region of Peel and is operated by Peel Housing Corporation (Peel Living).
- Universally accessible building
- 100% smoke-free building and property
- Large common room with kitchen and library area
- Outdoor courtyard with a garden and barbeque area
- Scooter room with electrical outlets
- Bicycle room
- On-site laundry room
- Surface-level parking
- 60 units (1 and 2 bedroom), including 3 barrier-free units
- Fridge and stove in each unit
- Granite countertops in the kitchen and bathroom
- Undermount cabinet lighting
- Roller shade blinds are included on all unit windows
- Wood-look vinyl and porcelain flooring
- Mirrored closet doors
- Grab-bars in bathrooms
- Building is 100% sprinklered
Barrier free units include:
- Push button unit entry/exit
- Kitchen with cooktop and wall oven
- Bottom mount freezer
- Roll-under countertops and sink
- Roll-in shower including a transfer bench
- Roll-under bathroom vanity, raised toilet and grab-bars
- Minimum 1500mm turning radius in the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom.
Unit floor plans
- July 2019: Construction ends and tenants move in.
- June 2018: The development is named “Mayfield Seniors Apartments.”
- December 2017: Construction begins.
- October 2016: Region of Peel staff target provincial funding to build units for seniors. The project is approved with the intent of developing a three storey residential apartment building with 60 units for seniors.
Review the Regional Council reports related to Mayfield Seniors Apartments.
- June 14, 2018
- November 23, 2017
- October 26, 2017
- October 27, 2016
- September 8, 2016
- July 7, 2016
To get a copy of the 2016 and 2017 reports you can send an email to email@example.com.
To ask about unit availability, contact Mandeep Sangha.
Email housing development for more information about the planning and development of our projects.