How to sort your waste
The spring battery collection period is from April 10-21. Check your collection calendar for your battery pickup day. Get details
Sawdust, wood shavings or pencil shavings
This item is organic waste.
Put this item in your organics (green) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Remove any packaging before placing the item in your green cart.
- Reduce odours by lining your organics cart and kitchen container with newspaper, paper bags, or certified compostable bags. Don't put organics in plastic grocery bags.
- Don't put pet waste or diapers in your organics cart. These items belong in the garbage.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of organic waste from the curb.
- If your green cart isn't full by your regular collection day, consider adding yard waste. Check the complete list of acceptable yard waste items.