How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
- CRCs are not accepting electronics, tires and large appliances.
- Up to 2 extra garbage bags will be collected.
- No garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended.
Artificial Christmas tree or decorative tree or plant
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- An artificial tree or plant must weigh less than 20 kg (44 lb) to be collected from the curb. If the tree or plant weighs more than 20 kg (44 lb), take it to a Peel CRC. A disposal fee will apply.
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Garbage tags are not required during an exemption period. Your exemption period takes place on your scheduled garbage collection day in December or January, during or after the Christmas holiday. Check your collection calendar for your next exemption period.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.
Other ways to dispose of this item:
- If this item is in good condition, take it to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC) reuse drop-off area.